Wednesday morning started at 4.30am with low down abdominal cramps which were reasonably mild but definitely there – they continued all day until about 8pm when we ate dinner, then nothing, nada. I had an appointment with my midwife in the afternoon but she didn’t want to do an internal check so I don’t know if i was experiencing early labour or practice contractions. It would have been good to know if my cervix is effaced or even dilating, but there you go, I guess I have to assume it was a practice run. Since then, nothing much has been happening – a few odd cramps but nothing to write home about. Wriggler is further down and apparently fully engaged which means needing to pee every few minutes. Today I thought I felt a trickling sensation, but again, it’s probably just wishful thinking. Last time my waters were broken during labour so I don’t quite know what to expect. Some report the full on gush, others have a slow trickle over several days… or I could just have rubbish bladder control lol!
We’re still undecided on a name for this one, despite my best efforts to get DH to agree on the name me and DD are keen on. I hope he looks like a xxx when he finally arrives otherwise things could get tricky. We have absolutely everything we need for the labour, birth and first 4-6 months 🙂 just awaiting his grand entrance now…
Other news just in: we appointed a solicitor and an estate agent earlier this week and had our very first viewing this morning. After a mad half an hour dash around the flat to shove stuff in cupboards and tidy up as much as possible, we virtually ran to the nearest cafe to leave the agent to it. Thankfully we’ve been keeping everything pretty up together so it wasn’t looking too awful. About an hour ago, we got a call to say they want a 2nd viewing on Monday afternoon!! Bloody marvellous! Just hope they don’t put in a ridiculous offer – it’s already on for quite a bit less than we really wanted. Also hoping they have a mortgage or finances in place as that seems to be the big issue currently – people wanting to buy but just can’t get the mortgage sorted… time will tell I guess. Meantime, DH will be busy (again) finishing off the bits of DIY that need attending to. Sods law I’ll go into labour and we’ll have to put it on hold – talk about crazy timing with it all. Oh well. I really hope they like the place enough to put an offer in – it would be such a relief to have a sale under way.
Hmmm, more tightenings in my lower tum, come on Wriggler, it’s time for us to meet you little one xxx