The last evening with 3 inside me probably. Tomorrow at 3pm we have the nuchal fold scan at King’s College Hospital, London, x 3. Then an appt with Professor Kypros Nicolaides who will discuss reduction. Then we if we think we have enough, and the right information he’ll do the reduction. It will be based on the results of the nuchal scan as well as statistical evidence on the best outcome. A hard day. I know I shouldn’t beat myself up about it, but it’s so hard not to. How can any mother ‘choose’ to ‘lose’ one or more of her babies, that are growing and wriggling inside her? I just hope that we are able to hold on to at least one and it will make the decision more bearable – that we did it to give that one the best possible chance of a healthy life.
Today triplets, tomorrow… who knows. Wednesday 9 January 2008