I think we’ve decided to go for the end of October ‘window’ which would mean (if successful) a due date of around 21st July 08 – it feels a bit weird thinking that far ahead. But, the timing is crucial if we want to maximise the opportunity of conceiving a boy. Boy sperm swim faster than girl sperm but die more quickly, so knowing when ovulation takes place will help with timing.
I’m not using the OT strips again until later this month (really just to determine that my cycle is regular) but I’m continuing with the temperature plotting throughout. Meantime my head is buzzing with all the fun stuff like baby names, birth plans, maternity clothes.
My list of ‘want to do this time’ currently includes:
- Keep a diary – check!
- Don’t tell anyone until the 12 week scan (this will be the hardest one)
- Keep a check on what I eat – last time I put on nearly 4 stone and am still carrying some of it to this day
- Go to at least one antenatal swimming session
- Aim for a homebirth (so very nearly managed it last time) possibly in water
- Make a CD of music to listen to during labour
There will undoubtedly be more as they pop into my head, and undoubtedly some will be no more than items on the list of things we didn’t get around to doing.